Friday, April 3, 2009

Distracted

I’m going to try just putting words down and see what happens.

And I’ll try not to be distracted by my friends texting me or by terminator: the sarah connor chronicles, which is only on so that I won’t miss the beginning of dollhouse while I type this. Btw, dollhouse better not completely suck tonight. Last week was great FINALLY.

I feel weird about online things now.

Ever since watching that twitter video. It’s like twitter and blogs don’t really create a community, they just create more places for people to spew their thoughts about whatever. I suppose that’s fine, but there’s something to be said about the effort that goes into writing a novel or screenplay or sketch, or short story.

I suppose a coherent blog can be similar to a short story, or more accurately, a poem.

It can develop a rhythm an overall theme.

But it seems like there’s a question of attention span floating around, or skill, or what not. For heaven’s sakes, I keep looking up as I’m typing to see what’s happening in a show I don’t even care about, and I’m not losing my train of thought because I’m so used to doing it.

Hat happens when we become so adept at multi-tasking? What would other species think of us? Are they even better and faster? Can they process an unfathomable number of things at once, or do they know the value of fully exploring one thing at a time.

Maybe I’ll write a short story about it and find out.

That’s the best way to do it.

I like starting to write and then just channeling whatever comes my way. Moving things forward naturally.

I’m not sure if that’s the “correct” way to write or not, but I like it.

And I get to add my own connections and spiderweb threads throughout the writing.

It’s strange to think about that, considering that it all flows from my brain.

Ooh…

Dollhouse is already good.

I should probably go and try to focus completely on something I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment